If you have just found out the devastating news that your baby has passed, or is expected to soon, please accept my sincere condolences. There is absolutely nothing anyone can say or do to take away this pain, but as a Certified Stillbirthday Birth and Bereavement Doula, I can walk alongside you and hold the space for you and your family to make memories with your precious Angel.
No matter what stage in your pregnancy, I can offer you my support based on what you decide for your body, your baby, and your family. Whether you prefer in-person support or phone/email contact only, I can support you before, during and after the birth of your baby.
As a SBD Doula I am able to do any of the following, depending on what you may need –
– Help you navigate your options, and provide practical information and support for pregnancy, birth and afterwards
– Provide assistance in preparing a birth plan for any stage of pregnancy
– Support you during the birthing experience – whether at home or in hospital
– Help capture moments and create lasting memories and keepsakes
– Assist in understanding medical procedures and options at each stage
– Assist you in preparing to meet your baby
– Validate and support the whole family’s experience, including sibling support
– Provide support and resources when saying goodbye to your baby
– Liaise with your chosen funeral home
– Identify and encourage healthy grieving
– Provide practical post-natal support in the home, including referral to local supportive resources
– Provide assistance in helping friends and family support you in a productive and helpful manner
Butterfly Blue Bereavement Services are offered to families at no cost, in honour of my darling brother Bradley who passed away as an infant, and in memory of all the other Angel Babies who have touched my life. However your generous contribution will ensure I can continue to support other families experiencing loss. Sometimes families or friends may wish to make a contribution in honour of a special Angel, and if this is the case, I will publicly acknowledge your offering and the Angel who inspired it on my Facebook page if you so wish. If you would like to contribute, please contact me.
Stillbirthday is a comprehensive resource for anyone experiencing a loss at any point during their pregnancy, offering a tremendous amount of information, resources, suggestions and a place for you to tell your story. You will also find other relevant services on my Resources List.